Monday, October 24, 2011

Keep on Keepin' on!

Heyyy! Welcome home Skylar! That is super weird to think about... and Justin gets home soon too, right? How time flies. Hey Mom, no worries about the return-letter thing lol. I was kind of wondering but it all makes sense now ;) You guys are way nice to write me at all! I am blessed with the best family ever!

Sounds like you had an awesome time in Fruita! And way to be missionaries! =] That is so awesome. I'm excited to hear what comes of the French couple. That's awesome you're going to send them a BOM. Are you going to get a French one from the Distribution Center? I love that place.

This week was stake conference, and it was amazing! There were so many great talks given. Pres. & Sis. Hall spoke as well and did incredible. He is going to be a general authority someday... you can just feel the power as he speaks! It's like his voice shakes the room almost :) Pres. Hall is such an inspired man. So here is the miracle of the week... (well, it entails a couple of miracles actually :) G came! This is G who has a son on the HS basketball team that likes Jimmer Fredette. She's awesome. We had a great lesson with her earlier this week, and the Spirit did the teaching :) We have been trying to help her understand the importance of and commit to reading the BOM and coming to church for a few lessons (she hadn't been doing it). Well, Elder Jensen & I really focused on getting out of the way of the Spirit and letting Him do the teaching this time, and it was great. Things just clicked for her and she understood. Teaching is much more than talking or telling; I learn that again and again everyday. The Holy Ghost can communicate in a moment what we may try to get across to someone for days without accomplishing it. It's a miracle.

So, Sunday morning comes and we call G to confirm that she will be coming to stake conference. She answers and says she doesn't feel well at all. Noo! :( We were way bummed. We expressed our disappointment, and wished her well. 30 mins before church starts we get a phone call and she says she's on her way! Yeah! The Lord hears and answers our prayers! And your prayers :) Thank you so much. Anyway, turns out that she felt bad and knew that she really needed to be there, so she got up and came. I love those little nudges from the Spirit! She loved it, received great fellowship from the ward, and is coming back next week. She has a baptismal date for Nov. 19th.

Hope you know I'm super happy and loving life =] Even though things get hard, it teaches me to just try to find ways to be better. I am so thankful to be here! The Lord is so good and merciful to us, and the work is going forth here. We have been blessed with some amazing people to work with! I love you all, have a great week!

love,

Elder Beckett

p.s. You'll have to send me some pics or get the attachment to work for some recent pics of you guys! I'd love that :P Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment